For nearly 100 years, the company changed forms, reinvented itself as times dictated, and underwent total transformation in order to become the state-of-the-art operation it is today, meeting the highest global standards of technology and innovation.
Caniel started out in 1926 as a small workshop and was established officially as a company twenty years later, only to be acquired by British Metal Box, in whose ownership it remained until 1977. During these years the culture and knowhow of the organization were greatly enriched.
In 1983 Caniel was listed in the stock exchange and was publicly traded for about two decades, before it was privatized again. In 2008, a new, modern production facility was built in Kfar Saba. Later, the company was re-established as a new entity, Caniel Industries ATG. In 2016 it became part of the Big Shopping Centers Group.